IT Business Partner
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries.
The IT Business partner is primarily responsible managing the interfaces and relationships between IT and one or more business divisions or major business functions. The IT business partner will normally sit on the divisional management team(s) and contribute to the divisional goals by delivering business value through use of Information technology. The role will act as the central point of contact for IT within each division and serve as a liaison between the divisions and the supporting IT functions for all IT activity.
Overview of the Role
- As a member of the senior management team for a division(s), contribute to the running of the division by identifying where IT solutions can drive value to help business achieve its strategic goals.
- Assist in the definition and prioritization of a strategic IT roadmap for division(s) and align with IT strategy and corporate goals
- Assist business leadership in the development and submission of business cases for IT investments ensuring all necessary IT functions are engaged
- Works effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors and Executive Management/Senior Management in accomplishing project objectives
- The ability to evaluate complex situations accurately and identify creative solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer
- Resolve political, resource, budgeting, change and project issues affecting IT delivery of service or projects
- Present to Executive and Senior Management the IT systems roadmap and be able to communicate effectively the business changes and subsequent benefits in a manner that can be understood and implemented.
- Financial management and tracking of IT expenditure for assigned division (P&L and CAPEX)
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which center on our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- As a Manager, the employee is expected to recognize the importance of and create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Travel (approximately 10%) domestic and/or international
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8+ years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation of leading medium to large scale cross functional projects.
- Extensive impact and influence skills, including cross boundary collaboration
- Analytical problem solving skills and the ability to identify essential issues in complex technical and business problems.
- Project Management Proficiency particularly in the area of large scale IT projects
- Process improvement experience with a focus on continued streamlining processes Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal skills, issue management and resolutions skills
- Confidence in self and organization and a “can do” attitude.
- Strong leadership skills, applicable at the Senior Management Level. Highly self motivated and able to work effectively with different divisions and levels.
- The ability to motivate and coach a team to deliver and take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Proven ability to build and develop cross functional business relationships vital to the success of a project.
Benefits of Working in ICON
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Following your application you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.