This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. As part of our Medical & Safety Services Department, our DSA’s contribute to our culture of process improvement, perform case processing and safety review of clinical and diagnostic data and liaise with Sponsors, ICON project managers and investigational sites as required.
Purpose of the Role
- As a DSA, you will be expected to perform case validation for serious adverse events, serious and non-serious adverse drug reactions and other medically-related project information such as adverse events of special interest and clinical endpoints.
- Provide input and review relevant safety tracking systems for accuracy and quality and assist with maintaining project files.
- Serve as a resource for investigational sites and ICON personnel on safety-related issues.
- Assist with generation of study specific procedures and with identifying out of scope activities in conjunction with the MSS Functional Lead.
- The successful candidate will have relevant clinical research/pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in pharmacovigilance/drug safety, with knowledge of medical terminology and coding systems.
- Must be fluent in written and verbal English with good communication skills and basic computer skills. Detail orientated and capable of working effectively within a team environment.
- Medical/science background (nursing preferred) and/or bachelor’s degree or local equivalent.
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Following your application you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.