Financial Analyst I
This vacancy has now expired.
The successful candidate will provide financial analysis to the Clinical Operations business partners on the revenue, direct costs and headcount performance of the Clinical Operations Service Line, as well as identify opportunities for business improvements and areas of concern.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support the development and preparation of annual budget for Clinical Operations
- Support the pre close review of costs to ensure accuracy of reported P&L
- Support the preparation of monthly financial forecasts and budget reconciliations for the Business Unit.
- Support the preparation of monthly reporting packages for operations with insightful commentary and analysis.
- Support the preparation of management presentations for Business Unit reviews and other purposes using Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Preparation of ad-hoc financial and business case analyses.
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centers around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes, adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid academic record and strong quantitative skills.
- Analytically minded, seeks out problem solving opportunities
- Effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written) to communicate with peers, managers and Business Lead executives.
- Eagerness to learn and develop as an ICON employee and member of the Clinical Research Industry.
- Prior relevant experience in financial analysis or financial planning and analysis is preferred, but not required.
- Desire to continue their financial education (CFA, MBA, CPA, CMA or other relevant financial education).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or local equivalent, in related field or equivalent experience.
Benefits of Working in ICON
ICON enjoys a strong reputation for quality and is focused on staff development. We make it our mission to attract the most diverse and creative minds into the business and we continually strive to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build a great career. We understand that our greatest asset is the skills and talents of our people and they are truly what set us apart. Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.