Payroll Associate – 9 Month Fixed Term Contract
ICON Plc is a top 5 clinical research organisation and is one of Ireland’s success stories. Founded in 1996, we are now a global provider of outsourced drug development services on a mission to help our clients develop drugs and medical devices that save lives and improve patient’s quality of life.
Headquartered in Leopardstown, Dublin 18, ICON is a truly global organisation with 89 offices in 37 countries and employing 13,500+ people.
We are actively looking to speak with experienced Payroll Associates who are interested in joining our dynamic Finance team on a nine month fixed term contract. The Payroll Associate will be part of the EMEA Payroll team which sits within the European Finance Function. This role will give the successful candidate exposure to working within a large PLC and interaction with employees, internal departments and external providers.
- Responsible for ensuring inputs to payrolls are completed and that trial and final payroll outputs are checked prior to salary payments being made.
- Ensure internal controls are implemented so that monthly changes are captured and processed correctly and that any differences are reconciled and explained.
- Upload electronic files and input any manual payments to the bank.
- Manage the Payroll mailbox to ensure queries are answered in a timely manner and filed appropriately.
- Ensure that all monthly and annual tax, pension and compliance requirements are met.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to internal and external auditors.
- Work as part of Payroll team to ensure that all processes are as efficient as possible, documented appropriately and SOX Compliant.
- IPASS or equivalent qualification for payroll processing an advantage but if someone does not have the qualification they would be expected to complete the qualification while in this role.
- Experience of EMEA Payroll processes.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines with a high volume of transactions.
- Attention to detail with excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Team player.
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Positive and pro-active approach to work, able to work on own initiative.
- Good organization skills.
Benefits of Working in ICON
ICON enjoys a strong reputation for quality and is focused on staff development. We make it our mission to attract the most diverse and creative minds into our business and continually strive to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build a great career. We
understand that our greatest asset is the skill and talent of our people and that it’s our people that truly set us apart.
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.