Outcomes Research - Project Analyst I/II
When applying for this position please submit a covering letter & CV
ICON PLC is a Clinical Research Organization with a strong global reputation in our approach to clinical development. We apply scientific and operational excellence across all phases of clinical trial outsourcing services for our clients, in the development and reimbursement of new medicines. We have offices in 40 countries with over 80 offices worldwide and over 12K employees globally and an annual turnover in excess of $1.2 billion.
ICON’s Clinical Outcome Assessment (COA) group provides services geared to meet the demands of global and national markets for high quality patient-centered data. Our COA group brings together a large team of Outcomes Research scientists and consultants with expertise in the selection, development, validation and analysis of Patient Reported Outcome (PRO) and other COA instruments. The group has a deep understanding of the marketplace and regulatory landscapes, and helps decision-makers to understand the value of patient – centered endpoints and to estimate the impact of new health technologies.
As Project Analyst I or II you will support the COA team on Outcomes Research project-related tasks and have the opportunity to learn and develop skills in the scientific research field by performing the following tasks:
Conduct literature searches to gather, analyze, and summarize appropriate information for incorporation into various documents
Format interview transcripts
Assist with literature reviews by abstracting data from scientific articles
Assist with data collection including conducting interviews with patients, caregivers and clinical experts
Assist in conducting qualitative and quantitative analyses, including data management
Assist in writing research protocols, reports and scientific publications
Project Management Responsibilities
· Assist with independent review board (IRB) and ethics review submissions
· Assist with clinical site recruitment, site screening and contracting
· Assist with patient recruitment and eligibility screening
· Control assigned task/project budgets, ensure timely issuance of invoices and purchase orders.
· Tracking and regular upkeep of financial data on assigned tasks and projects.
· Handle printing, shipping and supplier invoicing
· Supporting scientific project teams through meeting minute taking and meeting scheduling
We offer a strong benefits package that includes comprehensive health and pension plans, competitive salary, holidays, and an incentive plan for strong performers. Additionally, we have cutting edge technology to ensure better outcomes.
· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or local equivalent with preference for degrees in public health, sociology, psychology, or other social science discipline
· Basic understanding of research methods and good clinical practices
· Knowledge in or an interest in health-related scientific, outcomes and/or patient-centric research
· Practical knowledge of research implementation (preferred)
· Familiarity with qualitative and/or quantitative data analysis software (preferred)
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong organization and multitasking skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced multi-project environment.
· Strong problem-solving capabilities.
· Quality and detail-oriented.
· Strong team player in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to learn new methods, technologies and strategies related to Outcomes Research.
· High proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· No prior work experience in field required as appropriate training will be provided
If you are looking for a position where you will learn a number of desirable skills in a growing area of scientific research, and want a fast-paced exciting environment working with teams of skilled and knowledgeable scientists, this is the job for you.
Benefits of Working in ICON
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes an excellent pension scheme, private health care, life assurance and staff recognition schemes. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Following your application you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.