Senior Analyst Engineer *LI-MB1
Based in Dublin
If you are looking to
join a company which will offer you a strong support network and an inspiring
working environment, then this is the job for you. Applicants must be able to demonstrate drive,
passion and a strong sense of team working, along with a desire to progress
within our organisation. Successful candidates will provide excellent service and quality solutions in the
development, enhancement and maintenance of business intelligence systems.
Engineer/developer will be responsible for design, development, testing,
maintenance, and support of the enterprise data warehouse using Oracle Business
Intelligence tools and underlying technologies
- Work with project lead and business users to gather
requirements, conduct analysis and prioritize requests
- Design and
implement the data loading (ETL) and publishing processes within the DW/BI
- Design and implement multi-dimensional
models, including the construction of Dimensions and Facts (with hierarchies,
attributes, and measures)
- Design and implement reporting
applications including (but not limited to) BI dashboards, ad-hoc analysis and
reporting and static reports
- Translate project requirements into functional and
technical specifications for BI reports and applications
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE
- Prior relevant experience in delivering business
- Knowledge and experience in the design, construction and
management of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Experience in the design and implementation of ETL
processes using Oracle ODI (would be a distinct advantage) and Informatica
(would be an advantage).
- Strong foundation and understanding of Dimensional Modeling
and OLAP principles.
- Experience in Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) would be an advantage.
- Experienced in developing Business Intelligence solutions (reports,
- Familiarity with best practice methodologies such as Inmon and Kimball
is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in SQL to run queries for data analysis
and data profiling.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in DBA skills would be a an advantage
- Overall understanding of systems architecture & technology
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Data Model and Master Data management
concepts would be advantageous.
- Problem solving, Negotiation, presentation &
- Ability to work with minimal supervision combined with very
good organizational skills.
- Due to the nature of this position it may be required for
the employee to travel. Therefore, dependent on the employees
location, the employee may be required to possess a valid Drivers license.
- Bachelor degree, or local equivalent, in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Software
Engineering or related discipline. Oracle
Certifications a plus
Benefits of Working in
ICON enjoys a strong reputation for quality and
is focused on staff development. We make it our mission to attract the
most diverse and creative minds into the business and we continually strive to
provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build a great
career. We understand that our greatest asset is the skills and talents
of our people and they are truly what set us apart.
Other than working with a great team of smart
and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package.
This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this
with you at interview stage. We care about our people as they are the key to
our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower
people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V
and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment