Sr. Application Services Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Our Sr. Application Services Analyst will be responsible for maintaining production application environments including applications in the development and test environments for pre-release testing. Performing application administration monitoring services, reviewing system and application logs. Provide technical support including maintenance of installed applications software; implementing, configuring, and testing new product versions with end users; Interact with business users to troubleshoot installation and implementation issues; Maintain proper system documentation and regularly review and maintain the ICON IT knowledge database to improve overall customer experience
Overview of the Role
- Perform critical Application Administration activities including the following
- Support of Applications in accordance with ICON SOPs and
- appropriate project specifications
- Perform application installations to include setup of users, setup and
- configuration of systems and other support tasks
- Perform troubleshooting of application problems with no supervision
- Provide assistance to the IT Development team when needed
- Perform reviews of installations and patches
- May be required to be on-call to support after hours issues as they
- Ability to complete tasks on time with no supervision
- Deep level of understanding of Information Technology applications
- Ability to determine and make improvements to applications and
- Must be able to complete individually incidents and service requests
- within defined SLA
- Liases with Application Vendor when required.
- Responsible for pro-actively looking at ways to reduce number of
- support calls.
- Ensure interfaces between systems are maintained
Role Requirements / Skills / Experience Required
- Technical writing experience required
- Excellent organizational and written skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels in our organization are essential.
- The qualified individual should have a strong technical knowledge of computer hardware, desktop and database applications and must be able to work independently or as a team member for our organization.
- A minimum of 5 years in an application support or other computer support services.
- Ability to manage support for 6 -8 applications
- A working knowledge of the system development life cycle and general application support standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related area preferred
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Following your application if you are successful you will be invited to an initial telephone interview with one of our dedicated recruiters who will be able to provide you with more details of this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.