Operational Finance Analyst I
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to work in a role that will develop both their operational and financial knowledge of the CRO industry. As part of this diverse role, they will provide insightful analysis to drive meaningful actions and performance for the main Clinical Operations service line at ICON, as well as identify opportunities for business improvements.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of monthly financial forecasts
- Support the preparation of monthly reporting packages for operations with astute commentary and analysis
- Communicate with and advise individual project teams to understand and optimize the relationship between operational activity and financial performance e.g. protocol specs, resourcing plans, activity scope, etc.
- Utilize and disseminate operational metrics to drive financial performance
- Support the pre-close review of revenue to ensure accuracy of reported results
- Support the preparation of management presentations
- Support the development and preparation of the annual budget
- Prepare ad-hoc financial and business case analysis
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centers around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes, adding value to our business and meeting client needs
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Highly effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Strong quantitative skills
- Analytically minded, with proven ability to solve problems
- Eagerness to learn and develop as an ICON employee and member of the CRO Industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Prior relevant experience in financial analysis is preferred, but not mandatory
- Bachelor’s Degree, or local equivalent, in related field or equivalent
Benefits of Working in ICON
ICON enjoys a strong reputation for quality and is focused on staff development. We make it our mission to attract the most diverse and creative minds into the business and we continually strive to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build a great career. We understand that our greatest asset is the skills and talents of our people and they are truly what set us apart. Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage. We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.