Site Engagement Liaison
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
The Site Engagement Liaison (SEL) will develop relationships with clinical trial investigators and research site staff to facilitate recruitment of subjects in pharmaceutical industry clinical trials for which ICON serves as the contract research organization (CRO).
You will be partnering with one of the worlds premier Biopharmaceutical companies. Working across a vast portfolio of medicines and vaccines this company has, over centuries created a strong heritage of delivering innovative treatments and preventive medicines globally
What you will be doing:
The SEL will work in concert with ICON’s clinical research associates (CRAs) and the study team to ensure that investigators and site staff have a thorough understanding of the investigational agents being used in the study, the trial’s eligibility criteria, and all study procedures. Particular attention will be given to assessing the effectiveness of each site’s strategy used to identify potentially eligible subjects. The SEL must also understand how the trial fits into the site’s pattern of treatment for the condition and how any competing clinical trials or upcoming drug approvals may affect the progress of recruitment. Repeated interactions will be needed over the course of the trial to ensure that the trial remains “top of mind” with investigators and staff. The SEL will function as part of the study team and will interact frequently with sponsor companies and their field personnel. Furthermore, the SEL will serve as liaison with key investigators to help ensure that they receive prompt assistance with any queries and that any concerns they have are promptly transmitted to the trial’s sponsor.
• Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centers around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
• As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
• Identify barriers to recruitment as well as solutions to those barriers
• Understand the scientific basis of assigned clinical trials
• Utilize educational materials to effectively communicate the science behind the clinical trial
• Be able to communicate the scientific basis of the trials to other team members, investigators and site staff
• Identify effective prescreening strategies for each trial and recommend improvements
• Provide detailed reports of interactions with investigators and site staff
• Serve as a therapeutic expert for internal ICON staff
• Participate in business development activities as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related, health, life sciences or another relevant field of study.
• Experience with regulatory and ethics submissions in CRO, ARO or pharma companies.
• Understanding of the overall clinical development paradigm and the importance of efficient site initiation & maintenance
• Strong knowledge and practical application of relevant regulatory requirements.
• Fluent English and Advanced Spanish
At ICON, we embrace new perspectives and empower our people to write their own paths forward. We are a culturally diverse company with over 40,000 talented and ambitious people with varied skills, perspectives & backgrounds working together across 40 countries.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Interested in the role, but unsure if you meet all of the requirements? We would encourage you to apply regardless – there’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for here at ICON whether it is for this or other roles.
Day in the life
Who we are