Clinical Trial Manager
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Are you passionate about improving the quality of human life? If so, we invite you to join us in creating a healthier world tomorrow.
ICON is a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We specialize in the strategic development, management and analysis of programs that support Clinical Development - from compound selection to Phase I-IV clinical studies.
We started as a team of 5 members in 1990 & today we are ranking at top 4 worldwide based on revenue of 2015. Currently we have 12200+ employees across the globe. ICON is a $1.575bn company having its presence across 89 offices in 37 countries.
Job Title : Clinical Trial Manager
Type of Employment : Full Time
Location : Chennai (Office Based)
• To effectively manage the activities of individual studies in a manner that ensures all timeframes and targets are met and that costs are kept under control.
· Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centre on our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
· As a Professional, the employee is expected to recognize the importance of, and create a culture of, process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes, adding value to our business, and meeting client needs.
· Participate in opportunities for process improvement.
· Lead or participate in process improvement initiatives, as assigned, and promote the sharing of best practices.
· Travel (approximately 25%) domestic and/or international.
· Primary point of contact for the clinical aspects of designated projects and responsible for developing successful cross-functional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Responsible for planning, scheduling and implementing the clinical aspects of projects in line with contract and budget, e.g. implementation of protocol and amendments;
Protocol deviation prevention, tracking and reporting; IP management, timely investigator payments.
· Responsible for driving enrolment as per contracted timelines.
· Regular oversight of key clinical metrics including but not limited to: Days on Site (DOS), Monitoring Visit Report (MVR) and Follow up Letters (FUL) timelines, Action Items (AI) and other quality metrics, to ensure they are met and followed-up as necessary.
· Oversight of visit report review and approval, including site issue escalation and resolution. This may involve direct review/approval of site visit reports, and interacting with the Central Visit Report Approvers, as appropriate.
· Ensure clinical data is entered into the ICON CTMS or any other CTMS in a timely and accurate manner.
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of all clinical elements of cross functional project plans.
· Able to work on multinational studies and may take the role of a Global CTM if appropriate.
· Responsible for coordinating and managing the clinical project team to ensure: o high performance and productivity (e.g. DOS for CRAs) o optimal utilization o minimal turnover o all necessary project training is provided, documented and filed appropriately.
· Responsible for documenting clinical risks and developing mitigation strategies and associated action plans, including issue escalation and resolution.
· Responsible for the development and maintenance of operational plans for clinical deliverables e.g. CRF completion guideline, Monitoring Plan, Recruitment Plan, Clinical Training Plan, annotated trip report etc.
· Ensure the core clinical portions of the Trial Master File (electronic or paper TMF) are up-to-date and maintained in accordance with SOPs and the File Master Plan (FMP), including involvement in archiving as necessary.
· This includes documented QC checks of in house investigator site files.
· Ensure all close-out activities are completed as necessary e.g. End of Trial (EOT) notifications sent, all payments made, CTMS updated, all visit reports finalized and all action items resolved.
· Lead and/or actively participate in the conduct of clinical team meetings.
· Ensure timely dissemination of information on study progress or issues and/or processes to all team members related to clinical deliverables and accurate tracking of any relevant study information related to clinical deliverables.
· Implement QC activities, ensure compliance with quality measures and monitor required quality metrics.
· Maintain confidentiality of information, as appropriate.
· Participate in business development activities such as bid defense meetings
· May be required to undertake individual, finite PM tasks under supervision and with support of the Line Manager.
· Participate in Company/Departmental initiatives, as requested.
· Undertake other reasonably related duties as assigned.
Academic or Trade qualifications:
• Minimum educational degree requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Life science
Benefit Working with ICON:
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package that includes an excellent pension scheme, private health care, and life assurance and staff recognition schemes. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
Technical and competency selection:
When you spot an opportunity you’re interested in and submit an application, one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists will contact you to evaluate your suitability for this position, as well as for other openings within the business.
The evaluation will look at your technical skills and your competencies – for example, delivering excellence.
After this, we’ll let you know if we’ll be progressing with your application. If you have been successful at this stage, we will talk you through a telephone interview. This will then be followed by an interview with our Hiring Manager, either face to face or by tele-conference.
If you’re successful, we will notify you with details of the offer, talk you through our culture and values, answer any questions you may have – and above all, welcome you to the ICON team.
Day in the life
Clinical trials are cutting-edge research studies designed to evaluate medical interventions, including surgical and behavioural procedures and products. In Ireland, they must be authorised by
Teaser labelA Day In The Life
From Clinical Trial Assistant to Clinical Operations Manager, Adrienne Purdy shares her journey.Tell us about you role and what you do at ICON? I have been at ICON since 2013 and I have been growing
Teaser labelA Day In The Life
Senior Clinical Research Associate Suzaita Hipolito talks about the satisfaction gained from working in Clinical Research. “What would it look like to wake up every day feeling happy and fulfilled?
Who we are