Clinical Research Intern
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organization. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organizations.
With our patients at the center of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an inspiring Clinical Research professional to join our Site in Charleston, South Carolina as an Intern.
20+/- hours per week
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is accountable for supporting Clinical Research Coordinators for both clinical and clerical assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
What you will be doing:
- Promoting the mission of Accellacare to function as an Integrated Site Network providing unparalleled service to our clinical trial partners
- Actively striving to meet and exceed action items as discussed quarterly with direct supervisor
- Actively recruiting and selling our service to suitable patient participants and sponsor representatives
- Assisting Clinical Research Coordinators as they perform tasks required to coordinate and complete a study according to the protocol
- Assisting Clinical Research Coordinators with patient visits, documentation, CRF completion, data queries and monitor visits.
- Performing clinical requirements of study protocols, i.e. or any procedure necessary for the protocol as ordered by the investigator or coordinator.
- Performing consult visits as needed.
- Helping maintain accuracy with the patient database, including data entry and updating existing patient files.
- Assisting the Clinical Research Coordinator or other staff members with creating and copying patient files for study closeout procedures.
- Typing memos, letters, phone screeners, progress notes and various documents.
- Filing labs and correspondence.
- Performing various errands to pick up dry ice, supplies, samples, physician signatures and storage boxes, etc.
- Assisting Clinical Research Coordinators or other staff members as determined by the needs and priorities of the research organization, and as time and abilities permit.
- Assisting with answering the telephones, making appointment reminder calls and initial phone screening.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Day in the life
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Unlocking your Potential: The Benefits of ICON’s EPIC Internship Program Internship programs have become a vital stepping stone for students and young professionals seeking to gain practic
Who we are