Laboratory Technician I
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
- Job Description Summary
Performs technical assignments and testing in the QC Laboratory department.
- Job Description
• Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which center around our commitment to People Clients and Performance.
• Perform technical assignments and analytical testing in the QC-CMC Laboratory department like; H/UPLC, LSC, Spectrofotometer, Endotoxine, Osmolality, Density, etc.
• Responsible for the performance of required manual procedures under the supervision of the Management Team.
• Prepares reagents, maintains quality control records, required statistical data, and the cleanliness of work areas.
• Enter and reviews results in LES, such as test results, comments and quality control. Is not authorized to release results.
• Consults with the Management Team prior to accepting grossly abnormal results and when out of control test run is encountered.
• Maintain instrument systems in good working order.
• Work in compliance with GMP or GxP.
• Performs other relevant tasks as requested.
• Participates in required Continuous Professional Education Programs when required
• All other duties as needed
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Day in the life
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Clinical research is the backbone of the life sciences industry. In fact, the established processes used to accurately trial and research medical, surgical and behavioural intervention are ess
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Around 268,000 people are employed by the UK life sciences industry and as one of the fastest-growing sectors, this number is expected to continue rising. Life sciences is a flourishing job market,
Who we are