Senior Clinical Scientist/Medical Monitor - Oncology (Remote US or Canada)
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
What you will be doing:
- May lead or support a study or studies, depending on size/complexity. If lead, accountable for the clinical/scientific execution of the protocol.
- As lead, will be responsible for the following:
- Clinical point of contact for scientific issues/questions for internal and external stakeholders (e.g., IRB, sites)
- Responsible for trial design and endpoint development in collaboration with CD
- Leads the Medical Monitoring (MM) team in performing MM activities, including development of the Medical Monitoring Plan (MMP) and review of SAE reports
- Sets up/supports SAC, DMC, adjudication committees
- Protocols/amendments – collaborates with medical writer, participates in governance committee review
- Authors protocol clarification letters
- Contributor to study specific documents (e.g., SMP)
- Reviews/updates informed consent
- Provides scientific input to SM for data management activities (e.g., EDC, DRP, CRFs)
- Monitors data issues requiring clinical input
- Monitors central lab reports and other external data for safety and critical values
- Prepares scientific slides, attends and presents protocol information at Investigator Meeting
- Scientific lead on Clinical Trial Team (CTT)
- Reviews specs, initiates allocation (randomization) request form and approval schedule in allocation schedule generation system
- Coordinates planning of lab, bio specimens and imaging specifications
- Co- authors newsletters with SM
- Participates in Database lock activities Collaboratively plans CSRs, CTDs/WMAs with medical writing
- Supports publications/presentations as needed
- Reconciles and review all protocol deviation classifications in SPECTRUM
- Assesses and prepares protocol deviation list for CSR
- Collaborates with medical writing to develop trial results communication for investigators
- Provides scientific assessment for Operational Reviews
- Supports SM/MW activities as needed to achieve CTT deliverables.
- Provides clinical specifications to SM to support interactions with external vendors (e.g., IVRS, ePRO)
- May act as mentor to other CSs
What you need to have:
- BS/BA in Life Sciences with 7+ yrs clinical research experience
- MS/PhD in Life Sciences with 5+ years clinical research experience
- If no degree in Life Sciences, must have significant experience in clinical development (>11 years)
Minimum Years of Experience
- Minimum 2 years pharmaceutical and/or clinical drug development experience as a lead CS required.
- Medical monitoring experience required
- Oncology experience required
- Excellent Excel and PP skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% (might include international travel)
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the Canada or US, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Position based remote in US or Canada
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Day in the life
Teaser labelOur People
To excel as a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) in a Clinical Research Organization (CRO), you need a combination of education, skills, and the right mindset. Brazil-based CRA II Debora shares her
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Unlocking your Potential: The Benefits of ICON’s EPIC Internship Program Internship programs have become a vital stepping stone for students and young professionals seeking to gain practi
Teaser labelOur People
John Bailey, one of ICON's Veteran Leadership Transition Program Alumni shares his path from serving in the armed forces to joining the clinical research industry. ICON's Veteran Leadership Transi
Who we are