Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
As a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) you will be dedicated to one of our global Healthcare clients who have a strong legacy of innovation and leading the way within a specialist therapeutic area. They display an ongoing commitment to changing the lives of patients and the accessibility of products in order to change the lives of those that need them.
The CRA is the primary point of contact between site staff and sponsor. This CRA will be responsible for taking leadership of site management for the selection and initiation of sites on behalf of the sponsor, as well as conducting and closing activities of the appointed studies in compliance with local regulations, ICH- GCP, sponsor´s procedures and protocol requirements.
- Perform all type of visits from site feasibility to close out visits according to plan, document actions and follow up on action plans
- Train and guide site staff in safety information handling, systems, protocol and trial procedures to minimize protocol deviations
- Proactive use of EDC and other data source systems for preparation and conduct on site visits as well as source data verification in collaboration with data management/logistics team
- Identify potential risks and proactively take action to prevent or mitigate
- Collaborate with Data Management/logistics in resolving queries
- Assist to ensure data cleaning cycle timelines are met in accordance with the Data Flow Plan
- Motivate and build strong relations with site personnel to assist the sponsor in being their preferred clinical research partner
- Collaborate with and provide oversight of deliverables from vendors locally, if applicable
- Support the site in filing and archiving trial documentation in the Investigator Trial Master File (ITMF)
- Participate in Investigators Meetings to ensure relations with sites as well as active presentation as applicable
- Maintain knowledge of and act in compliance with global and local SOPs, GCP and other regulatory requirements
- Support audits and inspections at sites and affiliate, as applicable
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in life sciences or other relevant fields.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Clinical Research Associate.
- Therapeutic area knowledge and demonstrating an understanding of diabetes, psychiatric, neurology, cardiology studies or similar is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Clinical Trial Management Systems, Good Clinical Practices and Trial Management.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with business, industry understanding and stakeholder management.
- Fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Valid driver’s license
You will receive the support you need to develop personally and professionally and work in an environment where you matter. Our team pushes forward together. United in solving problems, developing close site relationships and reaching the end goal. Operating as a key part of a global study team, the CRA plays a fundamental role in our clients’ drug development processes.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Day in the life
Teaser labelOur People
To excel as a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) in a Clinical Research Organization (CRO), you need a combination of education, skills, and the right mindset. Brazil-based CRA II Debora shares her
Teaser labelA Day In The Life
Senior Clinical Research Associate Suzaita Hipolito talks about the satisfaction gained from working in Clinical Research. “What would it look like to wake up every day feeling happy and fulfilled?
Teaser labelCareer Progression
I have spent the last 23 years on the executive leadership team of 3 different contract research organizations (CROs), and have been virtually the only person of color on all of them. Reflecting up
Who we are