Senior Statistical Analyst
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
We are the global Real World Evidence Strategy and Analytics team dedicated working on observational and real world evidence based trials for a number of indications.
As the Senior Statistical Analyst you will develop statistical analysis plans and perform statistical analysis on assigned projects in accordance with study specifications, applicable guidelines, regulatory requirements and SOPs.
You will be expected to recognize the importance of and build a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting clients’ needs.
Office or home based
The successful person can be based anywhere in Europe
About the role:
- Supports study start-up activities (e.g. reviews, comments on and contributes to study design, protocols, case report forms).
- Writes statistical methods sections of study protocols including sample size and power calculations with oversight.
- Supports development of statistical analysis plans and develops table shells.
- Reviews database specifications and leads initial review of raw variables and develops written specifications for derived variables from oral descriptions.
- Programs basic statistical procedures and specialized statistical procedures (e.g., repeated measures, survival analysis, etc.) and/or SAS/Graph.
- Develops complex macros for use by the group.
- Develops deliverables, such as project reports and outputs, graphs, and tables with oversight.
- Writes methods and results sections of final reports and publications such as abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts, with oversight.
- Communicates with the client or investigator as needed.
- May participate in professional activities including presentations at technical conferences (e.g. SAS meetings, ISPOR) with oversight.
What you need to be successful
- Masters or PhD
- 5+ years of experience as a Statistician or SAS Programmer
- Prior clinical industry experience in either CRO, pharmaceutical, or academic/site setting
- Proficient in SAS Data step with simple and complex conditional statements and variable creation, merges and concatenation
- Experience using macros and arrays for repetitive tasks
- Experience using descriptive statistics procedures for summarizing, restructuring, and outputting data
- Experience using SAS Output Delivery System to control output from statistical procedures
- Proficient in performing analyses using basic through advanced statistical procedures
- Prior real world study experience is preferred, but not required
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs.
In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Day in the life
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Salary expectations used to be something discussed after an interview process but now it’s something most recruiters typically ask within the first conversation. This is to ascertain if the remune
Who we are