Sr Medical Coding Specialist
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
• Identify and apply appropriate codes from specific dictionaries to Case Report Form (CRF) terms that require manual coding (e.g. adverse events, medications/procedures, and medical conditions/history) .
• Accurately and consistently apply coding conventions to Case Report Form terms in accordance with all applicable procedures.
• Review all coded terms within the clinical database for accuracy and consistency and appropriately address coding discrepancies or inconsistencies.
• Accurately generate data queries where applicable to resolve coding discrepancies.
• Maintain coding documentation within project files as appropriate .
• Develop, review and update of Data Management Coding Study Specific Procedures when applicable
• Generate and review status reports and metrics as appropriate . Provide feedback into the development of coding timelines .
• Represent Coding Group at internal I external meetings as appropriate.
• Assist with the development and implementation of coding specific training programs.
• Perform other duties reasonably related to the position as directed by manager/designee.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Day in the life
Teaser labelOur People
Skip to SAS Programming jobs What is SAS Programming? A statistical software suite called SAS for data management was established by the SAS Institute between 1966 and 1976 for the purposes
Teaser labelOur People
Skip to SAS Programming jobs What does a SAS programmer do? SAS programmers write, alter, and test the scripts and code that make it possible for applications to execute work from requi
Teaser labelA Day In The Life
From Clinical Trial Assistant to Clinical Operations Manager, Adrienne Purdy shares her journey.Tell us about you role and what you do at ICON? I have been at ICON since 2013 and I have been growing
Who we are