Global Professional Event Coordinator
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
What will you be doing?
The Global Events Coordinator will be responsible for owning and achieving interim and final contractual deliverables for assigned projects/programs, according to the time, quality/scope and cost constraints.
- Responsible for organizing and executing compliant programs ensuring adherence to company and country policy and regulations.
- Responsible for oversight of the conflict of interest screening, contracting, execution of the program, program close out and to ensure that all compliance metrics are met.
- Apply SOPs to determine Fair Market Value for expert activities
- Serve as the key contact and interface with global stakeholders, scientific leaders and healthcare professionals
- Provide oversight of program budgets. Administer budget and reconcile expenses in accordance with the company’s established financial guidelines and financial stewardship principles.
- Provide oversight of vendors/agencies involved in the planning and execution of programs.
- Accountable for ensuring that all processes, systems, and operational elements comply with internal policy, industry standards; country regulations and compliance metrics.
- Maintain expertise and knowledge of compliance requirements, including specific country requirements and processes
- 7+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills to facilitate, moderate or lead planning discussions at all levels of the organization
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated effectiveness working independently with minimal direct supervision
- Scientific background and knowledge of clinical or medical affairs
- Prudent judgment skills necessary for management and oversight of programs
- Compliance knowledge and ability to understand and apply laws, regulations, codes, and company policies
25-30% travel could be required and travel could be US based/Global depending on project.
- An undergraduate degree with 5 years of experience in clinical research and at least 2 years as a full service project manager.
- Or a Graduate degree with 3 years of experience in clinical research and at least 1 year as a functional team lead role or single service project management.
Day in the life
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Unlocking your Potential: The Benefits of ICON’s EPIC Internship Program Internship programs have become a vital stepping stone for students and young professionals seeking to gain practi
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Clinical research is the backbone of the life sciences industry. In fact, the established processes used to accurately trial and research medical, surgical and behavioural intervention are ess
Teaser labelOur People
John Bailey, one of ICON's Veteran Leadership Transition Program Alumni shares his path from serving in the armed forces to joining the clinical research industry. ICON's Veteran Leadership Transi
Who we are