Senior Manager, Vendor Management
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
As a Senior Vendor Management you will be joining the world’s largest & most comprehensive clinical research organisation, powered by healthcare intelligence.
- Establish and manage overall relationship with select vendors
- Establish governance with select vendors
- Monitor service level metrics and key performance indicators
- Recommend strategies and process improvements
- Support cross-functional relationships with internal clients including: GCO, Legal, Finance, and QA.
- Execute new vendor selection initiatives (aka RFI/RFPs) in accordance with departmental processes
- Negotiate Master Service Agreements (MSAs) driving toward preferred rates and favorable discounting
TECHNICAL AND COMMUNICATIVE SKILLS:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Proven relationship building ability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE LEVELS:
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 3-5+ years of experience in vendor/alliance management, project management / relationship management, new vendor selection process (RFP), or leading cross-functional work-streams within the pharmaceutical industry on either sponsor or vendor side
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Day in the life
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Unlocking your Potential: The Benefits of ICON’s EPIC Internship Program Internship programs have become a vital stepping stone for students and young professionals seeking to gain practic
Teaser labelOur People
John Bailey, one of ICON's Veteran Leadership Transition Program Alumni shares his path from serving in the armed forces to joining the clinical research industry. ICON's Veteran Leadership Transit
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Salary expectations used to be something discussed after an interview process but now it’s something most recruiters typically ask within the first conversation. This is to ascertain if the remune
Who we are