Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organization: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organization that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
Overview of the role:
Title: Laboratory Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: On-Site San Antonio TX USA
• Monitoring samples/Troubleshooting discrepancies.
• Consolidating created samples/containers (i.e. slides, blocks, reports, etc.)
• Searching and retrieving documents and samples.
• Performing data entry/Monitoring e-mails and various correspondences.
• Checking that slides/blocks are properly barcoded and labeled.
• Assisting the pathologists with the technical/clerical work.
You will need:
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred) along with 1 year of related experience in a Clinical Laboratory.
•Basic working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office along with excellent written/verbal communication skills, the ability to handle large work load demands and trouble shoot issues timely when required
• Exhibit appropriate time management skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to keep accurate, legible records and recognize the need to handle these records and all other information in line with GCP/GLP/GDP.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Day in the life
Who we are