Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
Overview of the role:
Title: Laboratory Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: On-Site San Antonio TX USA
• Monitoring samples/Troubleshooting discrepancies.
• Consolidating created samples/containers (i.e. slides, blocks, reports, etc.)
• Searching and retrieving documents and samples.
• Performing data entry/Monitoring e-mails and various correspondences.
• Checking that slides/blocks are properly barcoded and labeled.
• Assisting the pathologists with the technical/clerical work.
You will need:
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred) along with 1 year of related experience in a Clinical Laboratory.
•Basic working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office along with excellent written/verbal communication skills, the ability to handle large work load demands and trouble shoot issues timely when required
• Exhibit appropriate time management skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to keep accurate, legible records and recognize the need to handle these records and all other information in line with GCP/GLP/GDP.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Day in the life
Who we are