Site Engagement Manager
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
As a Site Engagement Manager you will have the opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading pharma & biotech companies, helping them advance new drugs and devices.
You will play a vital role, embedded in our clients business. You will be leading a team of Clinical Research Associates and also managing sites engagement.
You will be joining a large international pharmaceutical company. The company’s main focus is providing life-changing innovations to help improve people’s quality of life and a great place to work. They make a positive difference in people’s lives and use science to drive progress.
What you will be doing:
- Stablishing and managing site relationships, acting as liaison between the company and investigational sites, as well as developing and implementing a plan to raise the profile of the company in collaboration with global and local teams.
- Evaluating investigational sites to build company network; working proactively with Medical/Patient/Industry Associations; assessing sites potential to participate in the sponsor clinical trials; ensuring regular communications with local organization to align inteactions with local and regional stakeholders.
- Overseeing site-level study start-up, conduct and close out activities, such as supporting site agreements negotiations, risk identification and working with vendors and Team to resolve/mitigate those and collaborating with external vendors and internal Trial Team.
- Providing documented sponsor site oversight and utilising advance analytics to optimize prioritization of oversight activities.
- Master’s degree in life sciences or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in clinical operations in a CRO, pharma or biotech company including site management/oversight, and site-level clinical study conduct.
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of clinical protocol design and implementation, clinical site
- monitoring as well as overall global drug development
- Expert knowledge of clinical development (principles and concepts as well as regulatory environment; e.g. ICH GCP and applicable regional/local regulations)
- Ideally you have experience in at least one of these Therapeutic Areas: Oncology, Neurology or Immunology.
Our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Interested in the role, but unsure if you meet all of the requirements? We would encourage you to apply regardless – there’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for here at ICON whether it is for this or other roles.
Day in the life
Teaser labelOur People
To excel as a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) in a Clinical Research Organization (CRO), you need a combination of education, skills, and the right mindset. Brazil-based CRA II Debora shares her
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Clinical Trial Managers and Clinical Project Managers are an integral part of the clinical market. Each role is essential in ensuring that clinical trials are well run and completed to a high stan
Who we are