Medical Technician I
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast paced, busy environment for a leading global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Our Medical Technologist will ensure the Central Laboratory is meeting the highest quality standards.
Overview of the Role:
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which center around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
- As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Operate equipment carefully and according to procedures; maintain laboratory automation equipment per established operating procedures.
- Perform necessary equipment checks, performance testing, preventive maintenance, and quality control on equipment per laboratory guidelines, as assigned.
- Assure equipment and instruments meet performance standards.
- Maintain QC related documents.
- Assure the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory's Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain complete documentation for assay tracking and results for review/reporting.
- Participate in the Proficiency Testing Program as assigned.
- Complete the performance of proficiency testing in assigned laboratory sections.
- Review all test requests thoroughly for errors, omissions, clarity, and potential problems.
- Verify patient identification at all steps of every procedure and maintain complete accuracy.
- Follow unidirectional flow of specimen handling to avoid contamination.
- Notify supervisor of discrepancies and records corrective action taken.
- Help maintain commonly used equipment and resolve minor equipment problems. Troubleshoot instrument related issues as they occur.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good laboratory and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently are essential.
- Ability to multitask, along with an orientation toward teamwork and leadership.
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
Benefits of working at ICON:
We will provide our Medical Technologist with the resources to be successful in supporting their line of business. In addition, we offer a strong benefits package that includes a comprehensive health plan, retirement plans, competitive pay, vacation, and an annual incentive plan to reward performance.
To succeed you will need:
You will possess a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology. You will need strong interpersonal and communication skills, good laboratory and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently and efficiently are essential, ability to multitask, along with an orientation toward teamwork and leadership, and strong creative thinking and problem solving skills.
Day in the life
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Job interviews can be nerve-wracking experiences, but with the right preparation, you can stand out and make a lasting impression. One of the most common and yet often challenging questions aske
Teaser labelOur People
To excel as a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) in a Clinical Research Organization (CRO), you need a combination of education, skills, and the right mindset. Brazil-based CRA II Debora shares her
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Empowering Excellence: ICON plc's Global CRA Academy Program and the Argentina Success Story In the ever-evolving realm of clinical research, the role of Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) contin
Who we are