Senior Project Manager
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
As a Senior Project Manager you will have the opportunity to work with one of the world’ s leading pharma & biotech companies, helping them advance new drugs and devices.
You will play a vital client facing line management role, embedded in our clients business. You will be responsible for the management of day to day biostatistics activities, ensuring everyone is well-trained on ICON standard processes, and promoting efficiency, quality, and timeliness in project work.
You will be joining one of the global healthcare leaders that has been discovering and developing medicines and treatments for well over a century. You will be part of a global team that is committed to make life better for people around the world. We share a vision of bringing treatment and medicine to millions alongside develop healthcare knowledge and improve live.
What you will be doing:
The Senior Project Manager has responsibility for one or more studies of moderate complexity generally with responsibility for all study management aspects of assigned studies.
• Leads and manages the tactical execution of one or more clinical studies from study startup through database release.
• Provides quality oversight to the Contract Research Organization (CRO) and of the CRO deliverables related to study execution.
• Leads and coordinates the execution of a clinical trial from Study start-up through Database release and inspection readiness to ensure timely delivery of quality study data.
• Provide leadership to the teams in the setting of realistic recruitment targets and delivery milestones as the single point of accountability for detailed study start-up and monitoring plans and for delivery to the agreed plans.
• Works with functional lines and directly with CRO line functions to resolve or triage site level issues. The Study Manager will drive decision making and work closely with the Clinical Study Team Lead to provide input to operational strategy.
• The Senior Project Manager is a core member of the Study Team and will represent the CRO on matters of study execution.
• At least 2 year of experience being responsible for one or more studies as Project Manager
• Health degree is mandatory
• Advanced level of English is required
• Home base
At ICON, we embrace new perspectives and empower our people to write their own paths forward. We are a culturally diverse company with over 40,000 talented and ambitious people with varied skills, perspectives & backgrounds working together across 40 countries.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Interested in the role, but unsure if you meet all of the requirements? We would encourage you to apply regardless – there’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for here at ICON whether it is for this or other roles.
Day in the life
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Clinical research is the backbone of the life sciences industry. In fact, the established processes used to accurately trial and research medical, surgical and behavioural intervention are ess
Who we are