Senior Consultant-Health Economics Modelling
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Senior Consultant- Health Economics Modelling
Location: UK, Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden (role is flexible to be home-based)
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic, collaborative environment with a team committed to being an industry-leading provider?
'At ICON, our value is our people’
This is an opportunity to work for ICON Global Health Economics, Outcomes, Reimbursements and Epidemiology (GHEORE), a division of ICON plc, an international clinical research organization headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. We are respected globally for the quality and innovation of our work, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
ICON GHEORE is currently seeking to appoint a Sr. Consultant to join its Global Health Economics team. This team is highly respected in the field of health economics and health technology assessment (HTA) for quality and innovation, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
Overview of the role
- Manage all aspects of large work streams, within the disciplines of health economic modelling and/or economic analysis projects and ensure the quality of all deliverables meets client requirements
- Identify and manage training and development needs in junior team members and provide on the job training and support as required
- Establish and maintain client relationships and lead proposal development for GHEORE related projects
- Provide strategic contribution to business development processes
- Manage the development and preparation of peer-reviewed publications arising from all GHEORE projects
- Liaise with senior management across the GHEORE group to identify developmental needs in junior modellers and to provide training when possible
- Demonstrate and actively promote an open and honest working environment to encourage
- Travel (approximately 15%) domestic or international
- A Ph.D or Master’s degree or equivalent in health economics or a related quantitative discipline, such as biostatistics or epidemiology.
- Experience in designing and developing health economic models is required
- Experience in analysing individual patient level data for use in economic models
- 6-8 year experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Proven project management experience, in particular the ability to lead a team of junior analysts
- Well experienced in statistical analysis programs such as R, SAS, STATA and/or WinBUGS is highly desirable
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High self-motivation
- Leadership potential
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Day in the life
Teaser labelCareer Progression
Salary expectations used to be something discussed after an interview process but now it’s something most recruiters typically ask within the first conversation. This is to ascertain if the remune
Who we are