Facilities & Admin Coordinator
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
You are now subscribed to our push notifications
About the role
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Role: Facilities & Admin Coordinator
Location: Swansea, UK
Fully office based in the ICON Swansea office
25 hours a week Mon-Fri (5 hours a day)
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
What about the TEAM:
Facilities & Administration team have responsibility for providing industry leading offices, laboratories and clinics as well as directing facilities support services to our global colleagues and aid them in whatever way they can in delivering excellent service to our customers.
Facilities & Administration services extend beyond direct facilities support to global travel management, sponsor meeting & events planning and business continuity.
They are looking for a successful candidate who would be working as part of a team of 3 Facilities Department employees, reporting on a day to day basis to the Senior Facilities Coordinator and line managed by the Facilities Supervisor.
As a Facilities & Admin Coordinator you will assist the Senior Facilities Co-Ordinator or Facilities Manager in maximising the efficiency of the facilities and administrative services.
- Compliance with and support of Health and Safety systems in the office under the supervision of the Health and Safety Officer.
- Assist in the co-ordination and delivery of Staff Induction.
- Assist with office Stationery co-ordination, including ordering, stock control and distribution.
- Assist in sourcing and monitoring suppliers, processing and coding of invoices.
- Assist in the management of suppliers including quality service checks, contract review and negotiation in compliance with QA guidelines and company policies.
- Carry out regular Housekeeping audits, highlighting any issues or concerns to manager.
- Provide cover and support of the Reception function during breaks, annual leave and sickness including coordination of couriers and internal post processes where applicable.
- Provide operational cover in the absence of Senior Facilities Co-Ordinator or Facilities Manager.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with central travel department to ensure that all necessary local taxi & hotel arrangements are made for visitors/staff to and from the office.
- Assist with the monitoring of building contract maintenance which includes such services as heating, air conditioning, security systems, elevators, utilities and fire safety equipment.
- Assist with the management of external records management & data security services.
- Provide support in management of company car fleet.
- Assist with company Mobile Phone Account management.
- Keep management informed of any administration issues within the organisation, which require attention.
- Management and distribution of in bound faxes (both hardcopy and electronic).
- Perform other reasonably related duties as may be locally required.
What about YOU:
- Appropriate academic qualifications. (GCSE level or equivalent)
- Relevant experience in a Facilities/Administration related role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills both written & oral with fluency in English.
- Should display initiative, flexibility & confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels and across cultures.
- Awareness of workplace Health & Safety regulations.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
Day in the life
Who we are